Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition & Theatre Tour
More information about Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition & Theatre Tour tickets
Daily: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Globe Theatre Tours
Click here to view latest opening and closing times for 2017
Tour departs every 30 minutes.
Please arrive before 4.00pm in order to have time to explore the Exhibition fully before taking the tour (or vice versa)
- 24 & 25 December: Closed
- A fascinating guided tour inside the theatre, which reveals the story of its reconstruction and gives an exciting insight into the working life of the Globe today.
- The Exhibition explores the life of Shakespeare, the London where he lived, and the theatre for which he wrote.
- All-day access to the Exhibition, for which a complimentary audio guide is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian ,Japanese, Russian and Chinese.
Shakespeare’s Globe is a faithful reconstruction of the open-air playhouse first built in 1599, where Shakespeare worked and for which he wrote many of his greatest plays. The reconstructed Globe opened in 1997.
Exhibition & Theatre Tour
Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition & Theatre Tour is the world's largest visitor experience devoted to Shakespeare and the London in which he lived and worked. Based under the Globe Theatre, the engaging and informative Exhibition explores the remarkable story of the Globe, and brings Shakespeare's world to life using a range of interactive displays and live demonstrations. Find out about extravagant Elizabethan costumes, musical instruments and how they were used. A visit to the Exhibition includes a 30-minute guided tour of the Globe Theatre. Our expert guide-storytellers provide fascinating tours of the auditorium, vividly recreating colourful stories of the 1599 Globe and the reconstruction process in the 1990s and how the ‘wooden O’ works today as an imaginative and experimental space.
- The Globe is a working theatre. The exhibition and or tour may close occasionally for rehearsals, performances, and events which may not be listed on this website.
- Please view the latest opening and closing times in the Schedule tab.
- Students will be required to show a valid Student ID on arrival, this will have to be in the form of a student card, school library card etc otherwise you may be asked to pay the difference between student rate and the standard adult rate.
- There is no access to the theatre during matinee performances.
- Tours begin every 30 minutes during opening hours.
- During the Theatre Season there are no guided tours at all in the afternoon, so customers can only visit the Exhibition.
- Rehearsals will also take place throughout the year. Please note that access to the Globe Theatre may be restricted.
- Times and availability of the exhibition is occasionally subject to change without prior notice.
Shakespeare's Globe, 21 New Globe Walk, Bankside, London SE1 9DT
Nearest Train Station: Blackfriars or London Bridge (10 minute walk)
Nearest Underground: Blackfriars, Mansion House, London Bridge (10 minute walk) Southwark & St Paul’s (15 minute walk)
Bus Routes: 11, 15, 17, 23, 26, 76
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.