Body Worlds London
What's Included in the tour
- Entrance to the exhibition
- Audio guide
What's Excluded in the tour
- Food and drink
- Once booked, this tour cannot be cancelled
- Address:áThe London Pavillion, 1 Piccadilly Circus, London W1J 0DA
- Baggage policy: No bags are allowed in the exhibition, except for small hand bags of 30cm x 30cm or less. BODY WORLDS offer on site locker facilities if required. Please be aware there is a charge for this facility.
- The most successful travelling exhibition in the world, with over 47million visitors
- BODY WORLDS London is the newest biggest permanent home and flagship venue
- Over 200 exhibits tell the story of the human body using a range of insights into our mind and body, showing the effect lifestyle choices have on our health
- Expect a unique, exciting and interactive journey through the human body
DescriptionEnter into the world-famous Body Worlds in London’s Piccadilly Circus for a discovery of the human body like never before.
BODY WORLDS: The Original Exhibition is the first exhibition of its kind to teach you about anatomy, physiology and health by viewing real human bodies preserved through Plastination. This preservation process was invented by Dr. Gunther von Hagens in 1977, while he was working as an anatomist at the University of Heidelberg. Since the beginning of the exhibition series in Japan in 1995, more than 44 million visitors in over 90 cities in Asia, Europe, America and Africa have seen the world's most successful travelling exhibition. Discover how the bodies are preserved through this fascinating process of plastination and see how plastinating a full human body requires approximately 1,500 working hours.
Come up close to human organs affected by cancers, strokes, heart attacks and more. See the impact of our lifestyle choices on the human body including smoking and bad diets and test your own blood pressure and heart rate on this fully interactive experience.
Expect a unique, exciting and interactive journey through the human body, described by many as ‘emotional’, ‘extraordinary’ and even ‘life-changing’.
All anatomical specimens in the exhibition are real with its own established donor programme. Currently, there are over 17,000 BODY WORLDS donors, worldwide, who approved to donate their body to BODY WORLDS for public display and educational purposes.
Sunday – Thursday: 9:30am-7:00pm
Friday – Saturday: 9:30am-9:00pm
Last admission is 90 minutes before closing time.
Guests will be allocated a space on the next available time-slot
Address: The London Pavillion, 1 Piccadilly Circus, London W1J 0DA
- Tickets are not valid during: Saturday - Sunday: 9:30am - 4:00pm