Day Trip to York by Rail includes Open Top Bus Biglietti e date
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Sunday 17 October is Marathon day in York, therefore services will be reduced. Tours will commence at Exhibition square at 12:43pm, 1:03pm and 1:23pm only.
- Please double check you have entered the correct email address, as without the e-tickets you cannot travel. If you do not receive the email please contact the reservations team on +44 207 233 7030
- Please print all documents; rail and entry tickets. You will need all these documents for your trip.
- Once booked this tour is non-refundable.
- This tour is unescorted
- Train seats are allocated on first come first serve basis & not guaranteed together.
You will need to be at King’s Cross Station at 7:30am with your printed train tickets for your outbound and inbound rail journeys. Your train will depart at 8:00am and arrive in to York at 9:51am. Please print all tickets for both your return rail journey and attraction tickets.
Unrivalled in Britain for its magical charm and beauty, this walled city on the River Ouse was the northern capital in Roman times.
Open Top Bus Tour
The Open Top Bus Tour departs from outside the station every 20 minutes and takes you all round the ancient city, including the famous medieval street, the Shambles; museums and galleries such as Castle Museum; and York Minster, a massive gothic cathedral with outstanding stained glass windows.
Monday to Thursday: train departs at 7:29pm and arrives back in London at 9:44pm.
First Class (optional) includes refreshments served at your seat.
- Reserved seats on East Coast trains
- Open Top Bus Tour of York
- First Class (Optional) includes refreshments served at your seat
London to York: 8:00am, arrive 9:48am (9:52am on Saturdays)
York to London: 7:31pm, arrive 9:39pm (9:46pm on Saturdays)
Departure point: King’s Cross station
Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour of York
First Bus: 9:23am from Exhibition Square
Last Bus: 4:23pm from Exhibition Square
Live Guide: Subject to availability.
A circuit takes approx. 45 minutes
Sat and Sun from 19th Sept to 17th Oct. Buses run every 20 minutes
Mon to Fri from 1st Nov to 10th Dec. Buses run every 30 minutes until 1423 then hourly,
Sat and Sun from 6th Nov to 11th Dec. Buses run Every 30 minutes all day
Mon to Fri from 20th Sept to 22nd Oct. Buses depart every 20 minutes until 1400 then every 40 minutes.
Sat 23rd Oct to Sun 31st Oct. Buses depart every 15 minutes, all day.