Guided Lake District Trip with Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe, Cruise on Lake Windermere & much more Tickets and Dates
- Last few tickets
- Limited availability
- Please double check you have entered the correct email address, as without the e-tickets you cannot travel. If you do not receive the email please contact the reservations team on +44 207 233 7030
- Please print all documents; rail and entry tickets. You will need all these documents for your trip.
- Once booked this tour is non-refundable
- Children under 5 are not accepted on the tour due to safety issues
- Train seats are allocated on first come first serve basis & not guaranteed together.
Departure from Euston Station
You will need to be at Euston Station at 8:00am with your printed train tickets for your outbound and inbound rail journeys. Your train will depart at 8:30am and arrive in to Oxenholme Station at 11:08am. Please print all tickets for both your return rail journey and attraction tickets.
For added comfort and to have refreshments served at your seat, you can choose to upgrade your rail trip to first class.
Oxenholme and Lake Districtá
After you are taken to the vehicle that will be your transport for the rest of the day, it's time to hit the road and see the Lake District! You'll travel on winding country roads, through picturesque villages and past cute cottages.
Arriving in the Lake District you will travel to Windermere, where you will enjoy a cruise on England's largest Lake. The panoramic views from the lake are spectacular towards the Lakeland Mountains, so make sure you don't forget your camera!
The day continues with a visit to the charming village of Hawkshead, a medieval settlement originally owned by the monks of Furness Abbey. Its church dates back to 1300, and famed poet Wordsworth studied at Hawkshead's grammar school!
Before making our way back to Windermere you will have the chance to enjoy some fresh country air during a photo stop at Tarn Hows. This is a beautiful and peaceful setting with Mountains in the background. You may even see some of the famous Herdwick Sheep grazing.
Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe - Family Home of Beatrix Potter
You will enjoy a deliciously British cream tea at Beatrix Potter's family home, Lindeth Howe. A four star classic Lakeland country house hotel in Bowness, Lindeth Howe is set in 6 acres of its own private garden. Tuck in to fresh clotted cream, jam and scones in this beautiful setting.
Your guide will escort you to the train station for your return journey back to London. You will leave Oxenholme at 6:30pm, arriving at Euston Station at 9:24pm.
Departure times on Saturdays may vary, so please refer to your welcome pack on the day.
- Reserved Seats on the train
- Lake Cruise on Windermere, England’s Largest Lake
- See Bowness & Tarn Hows
- See Yew Tree Farm – where Miss Potter was filmed
- Visit Hawkshead Village
- Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe, Beatrix Potter’s home
Days of departure: Monday to Saturday
Check-in time: 8:00am
Finish (approx.): 9:30pm
Departure point: Euston Station (by the rail ticket office), London NW1 2RT
- During the winter months, Hill Top is closed on weekdays and open on selected weekends only - please check National Trust's website for more information.á