Hop-on Hop-off London Bus Tour - 24hr Ticket & Westminster Abbey + FREE Extra 24hrs Tickets and Dates
- Last few tickets
- Limited availability
- Please note Westminster Abbey is closed on 2nd & 5th August 2020.
- In order to gain entrance to Westminster Abbey you must print your ticket - all redeemable tickets/vouchers must be printed and exchanged at the entry.
- A security search exists on entry for all visitors to the Abbey.
- Special services or events may close all, or part, of the Abbey at short notice – Please check the website for further detail.
- The Abbey audio guide is included in the price of your ticket.
- Westminster Abbey is a working church and subject to occasional closures due to Special Services.
- Walking tours will only be available in English.
- Entrance to Westminster Abbey
- 24 Hour Hop-on Hop-off ticket
- Play our fun 3D treasure hunt app on-board to earn extra special promotions and discounts
- Free Walking Tour
- Free River Thames boat ride valid for 24 hours*
- Entrances to other attractions
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Valid for 24 hours from when you first hop-on the boat
- Unlimited usage within the 24 hours
- Only to be used between Westminster Pier and St Katharine’s Pier
The imperious gothic master work is truly breathtaking and the intricate stained glass is some of the most beautiful in the UK.
The oldest piece of furniture in the country that is currently used for its original purpose, the sacred chair was created for King Edward I in 1296. The throne has played host to the coronation of every single monarch since 1308. Queen Victoria was crowned here, as well as Elizabeth II, our current reigning Queen.
This section of the south transept of the abbey is so called due to the large amount of writers and poets buried there, including Rudyard Kipling, Geoffrey Chaucer, Charles Dickens and Thomas Hardy. The corner is also decorated with many memorial stones and busts dedicated to the likes of William Shakespeare and poet laureate Ted Hughes.
Your Westminster Abbey audio guide will ensure that you don’t miss any of the details.
Remarkable London bus tour
Explore imperious London in all its grandeur. This incredible value London Hop on Hop off bus tour grants you the freedom and convenience to explore the city in depth. This tour encompasses world renowned attractions such as the Tower of London, Shakespeare’s Globe and spectacular Westminster Abbey, as well as, of course, the inimitable Buckingham Palace. You will also see the most eminent regions of London, such as distinguished Regent Street, world celebrated Oxford Street and vibrant Piccadilly.
For a limited time only you can enjoy an extra 24 hours for free on our hop-on hop-off bus – don’t miss out!
- The Pick Up/Drop Off Route (Yellow route): Operating in the morning, this route travels from the popular hotel districts to Central London.
- The Essential Tour (Blue route): Covering all the main Central London sights, this route includes a live English speaking guide! See Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, St Paul’s Cathedral and so much more, as your live guide informs and entertains every step of the way.
- The Classic Tour (Red route): Covers all the main Central London sights and visits London’s Museum Quarter.
- The Grand Tour (Orange route): This route passes Madame Tussauds and Kings Cross, as well as many other Central London sights.
Choose from the following Walking Tours:
- The Royal Walking Tour including the Changing of the Guards
- The Beatles London Walking Tour
Click here to see the route map and full timetable.
- Hop-on hop-off service with 70 stops on 4 different routes
- Ticket valid for 24 hours
- Enjoy an extra 24 hours for FREE on our hop-on hop-off bus with our current offer
- Bus audio guides available in the following languages:
- Westminster Abbey’s history spans more than a thousand years
- See the Coronation Chair and the memorials in Poets’ Corner
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 09.30 to 15.30
Wednesday – 09.30 to 18:00
Saturday – 09.30 to 13:00
Sunday - closed
The Abbey closes for visiting one hour after the above times.
Guests are free to visit the Abbey at any time of the day that the ticket is valid for.
Please Note timings for 2020:
- Monday to Friday: Due to daily service there will be no entry between 12:00pm to 1:00pm. However visitors already in the Abbey do not need to leave during this time.
- The Abbey is a fully working church therefore we are subject to closures at short notice.
Departure point: You can join the tour from any of our 70 stops. Each of our stops will be clearly signposted Golden Tours Hop on Hop Off/London Tour Bus.
Hop-on Hop-off bus timetable from 7th December 2019
Click here to view the latest service information
Free Hop-on Hop-off Boat Ride
These cruises are operated by Circular Cruise Westminster.
The first boat departs from Westminster Pier at 11am – to view the full timetable including last departure times click here.
Boats leave every 30 minutes from:
- Westminster Pier (Westminster Pier, Victoria Embankment, London SW1A 2JH)
- Embankment Pier (Embankment Pier, Victoria Embankment, London WS2N 6NU)
- Festival Pier (Festival Pier, South Bank, London SE1 9PX)
- Bankside Pier (Bankside Pier, Bankside, London SE1 9DT)
- St Katharine’s Pier - for Tower of London - (St Katharine’s Pier, St Katharine's Way, London E1W 1LD)
Cruise rides last 30 minutes.
The Royal Walking Tour (operates daily departing at 10AM from Golden Tours Visitor centre – Leicester Square)
Days of Operation: Mon, Wed, Fri and Sunday
Departure Point: Golden Tours Visitor Centre - Leicester Square - 11a Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0EP
Nearest Underground Station: Leicester Square Station
Return Point: Westminster Abbey
Nearest Underground Station: Westminster Station
The Beatles London Walking Tour (operates daily departing at 1PM from Golden Tours Visitor centre – Leicester Square)
Days of Operation: Mon, Wed, Fri and Sunday
Departure point: GTVC - Leicester Square - 11a Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0EP
Nearest Underground Station: Leicester Square