London: British Museum Guided Tour
- See the highlights of the British Museum with a licensed guide
- Marvel at the glass ceiling of the Great Court
- Discover relics from Ancient Rome, including the controversial Elgin Marbles
- Learn about the key to deciphering hieroglyphics at the Rosetta Stone
- Take a tailor-made tour of the very best of the British Museum
- Tour in a small group of no more than 20 people for a more intimate experience
ScheduleDaily – Monday to Sunday
Times - 10am and 2pm
Venue Location: The British Museum, 1A Montague Pl, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 7JW
Please meet your guide at the north entrance of the museum Montague Place.
DescriptionDiscover some of the highlights of the British Museum and get a flavour of one of the world’s oldest and finest museums. Because there is so much to see, you could spend a week at the British Museum and still not discover it all. Experience the best of the British Museum’s collections, starting with a view of the breathtaking ceiling. Admire the spectacular glass roof of the Great Court, a work of art in its own right. Then, see the world-famous “Rosetta Stone,” the key to deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphics. Admire the controversial Parthenon Sculptures, taken from the Parthenon in Athens by Lord Elgin, the former British ambassador to the Ottoman Empire. Go to the Ancient Egypt galleries to see the large collection of Egyptian mummies, and discover the Anglo-Saxon “Sutton Hoo” burial relics, as well as the “Winged Bulls” from Khorsabad.
- Live guide
- Guided tour of the British Museum
- Food and drink
- Please meet your guide at the north entrance of the museum Montague Place.
- The live commentary will be in English only