Meet Vincent van Gogh - London
What You Get
- Entry to the Meet Vincent van Gogh exhibit
- A full audio guide – available in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Portuguese, and Korean
- A specially adapted audio guide for children
What You Don’t Get
- Transportation to and from the event
- If required, there is a charge of £2 to use the small lockers and £3 for larger lockers
- You can touch everything in the exhibit!
- Your tickets cannot be cancelled, but can be amended 48 prior to the entry
- Ticket price includes a £1.50 booking fee
- Allocated time slots are given for each ticket booked to avoid overcrowding
- School groups can only attend between Monday – Wednesday 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Student rates are available for people aged 13 years to 18 years. Over 18s require an Adult ticket.
- Under 2’s go for free, but please book an infant ticket for each.
- Due to large bags not being allowed in the exhibition, lockers are available at a charge of £2 for a small locker and £3 for a large locker.
- This exhibit does not include any original art work
- If you are travelling with a carer, please call 0207 2337 030 to book
- The experience will close completely 1 hour after last entry
Meet Vincent van Gogh
Doon Street Car Park, Upper Ground, SE1 9PP (Behind the National Theatre)
Nearest Tube Stations: Waterloo & Southwark
Nearest Train Stations: Waterloo East & Blackfriars
DescriptionDespite having sold only one painting in his lifetime, Dutch artist Vincent van Gogh went on to become one of the most treasured artists of all time. You can now come closer than ever before to this extraordinary man’s artwork, life and legacy through the award-winning, immersive exhibition Meet Vincent van Gogh in London.
This interactive once-in-a-lifetime experience – created by the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam – uses cutting edge audio-visual techniques to take visitors on an unforgettable journey in Van Gogh’s footsteps. See how the artist expressed his many emotions through heavy brush strokes and dramatic colours, step into life-size reproductions of Van Gogh’s paintings, come face to face with the Yellow House and learn about the science behind Vincent’s beautiful and intense paintings.
You’ll receive a pair of headsets to wear throughout this self-guided exhibition. Narrated by the artist himself (thanks to the hundreds of letters he wrote to his brother Theo), the story takes you through each of the exhibition’s six sections and serves as a wonderful insight into his thoughts.
Rather than presenting Vincent’s original artworks, Meet Vincent van Gogh is a highly immersive, comprehensive and emotional look into van Gogh’s creative process. It also reflects on the personal challenges Vincent encountered during his short life – mental illness, the nature of friendship and creativity and the search for identity. This exhibition is a both a narrative and celebration of Vincent van Gogh, showcasing the artist’s highs and lows and helping visitors meet the man behind the myth.
- Award-winning multi-sensory exhibition created by the Van Gogh museum
- Journey through the artwork and life of Vincent van Gogh
- Immersive, tactile sets with striking audio-visual techniques
- Witness the only digital collection featuring all of Van Gogh’s paintings
- Audio guide tour available in various languages for both children and adults
ScheduleDaily - From 7th February to 21st May 2020
For the daily first and last entry times, click here
The Exhibition will close 1 hour after the last entry time of each day
Entries will be every 30 minutes to avoid over crowding.