Royal Albert Hall Guided Tour and Afternoon Tea
Additional InformationPlease Note:
- Your 60 minute guided tour will start at your chosen time slot.
- Afternoon tea will be served following your tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended as the tour covers a moderate distance.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible.
- The Royal Albert Hall is a working building - the content of the tours may vary and some areas may occasionally be closed due to events.
- Your tickets will be held at the Royal Albert hall box office for collection on the day of the tour, no earlier than one hour before allocated tour time.
- Exchange your voucher for your tickets at the Box Office and wait at the Tours meeting point at Door 12.
- One Hour Grand Tour of The Royal Albert Hall
- Afternoon Tea at Verdi restaurant
- 10% discount in Café Bar
- 10% discount on Merchandise
- 10% discount in Verdi - Italian Kitchen (open Tuesday – Sunday 12:00pm – 9:00pm)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Royal Albert Hall (Box Office, Door 12), Kensington Gore, London SW7 2AP.
Nearest Train Station: London Victoria
Nearest Underground: High Street Kensington, Knightsbridge and Gloucester Road. All are a ten minute walk to the Hall.
DescriptionBuilt in 1871 as memorial to Prince Albert, the Royal Albert Hall is the world's most famous stage. From Wagner to Sinatra, The Beatles to Beyoncé and Muhammad Ali to Winston Churchill, the venue has played host to an unrivalled history of events since it was opened by Queen Victoria herself.
There’s a history of tea being taken at the Royal Albert Hall, with the first tea party taking place just over 100 years ago. You can continue that tradition at the Hall’s curved Verdi restaurant, where you’ll be able to look out over the Royal College of Music while indulging in a feast of sweet and savoury treats. You’ll each get to taste and enjoy amuse bouche, a selection of finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, pastries and a pot of East India Company tea.
Along with your Afternoon Tea you’ll also be able to take a tour of one of the most famous venues in the world as it prepares for the next amazing performance. With a friend by your side you’ll go on a journey from the front of the Hall through to the spectacular auditorium, including the view from the Gallery as well as an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the Royal Retiring Room.
The tour will start at 2pm, with the afternoon tea starting at 3pm.
Click here to view menu.
- Start with a 60 minute guided tour of the Royal Albert Hall
- A quintessentially British Afternoon Tea experience in the heart of the capital
- Enjoy beautiful views overlooking the Royal College of Music
- Exclusive access to the Royal areas of the Hall
- Breath-taking views of the stunning auditorium
- The tour may include opportunities to see artists rehearsing for their evening performance
Tuesday to Sunday all year round. Afternoon tea is served between 2pm and 4.30pm.
Click here to view menu.