Royal Walking Tour, Changing of the Guard Tickets and Dates
- The Guard Change may not be operational in bad weather conditions. On these occasions we will visit the Horse Guards for a photostop instead.
- Walking Tour
- Professional Guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food or beverages
- Admission to Westminster Abbey or any other attractions
The Royal Walking Tour
Take a leisurely, regal stroll through the capital, visiting significant sites, hangouts and shops that the Royal Family are known for. Lasting approximately two hours, an expert guide will take you to see various clubs, churches and magnificent palaces that have played important roles in the lives of the royals.
See the impressive St James’s Palace – where The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall lived, and, of course, Buckingham Palace - residence to Her Majesty the Queen. You may even see the changing of the guard and learn more about this iconic and historic tradition.
As you travel through the city, see the Queen’s favourite off licence and where The Duke of Edinburgh gets his haircut. Pass the famous Fortnum and Mason and learn about the history of cream teas – an important and scrumptious British tradition.
Learn odd and unusual facts about the Royal Family (including where the Queen Mother bought her cigarettes), see the Horseguards and important parts of the Crown Estate. Learn about Royal Warrants on Jermyn Street, a place in London known for its many establishments that supply the Royal Family with various goods and services. This is an excellent way to indulge your royal interests and find out more about the most luxurious spots in the city.
The Royal Walking Tour starts at 10.00AM at the Tourism Island, Charing Cross Road (beside the Portrait Gallery). The tour ends 11.30AM – 12.00PM at Westminster Station by Big Ben.
- Learn more about the Royals with a Walking Tour of London
- See where the Royals shop and hang out
- Witness the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace (when available)
- Learn about Royal Warrants and the Crown Estate
- See the Horseguards and visit regal Jermyn Street
Days of Operation: Daily
Departure Point: Unit 31 Visitor Centre Waterloo, Elizabeth House, York Road, London SE1 7NQ
Nearest Underground Station: Waterloo
Return Point: Westminster Abbey
Nearest Underground Station: Westminster Station