The Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College
What's Included in the tour
- Entry to the Painted Hall
- Audio guide
- Explorer map
What's Excluded in the tour
- Food and drink
DescriptionDesigned by Sir Christopher Wren, the Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College is known as the UK’s own Sistine Chapel. This masterpiece is once again open and is the perfect place to visit with all of the family. Whether you want to soak in rich history, glorious artwork, or simply soak in sights of this world-famous landmark, it’s an unmissable building that will live long on in your memory.
Alongside accessible exhibits exploring the Painted Hall’s creation, you can get up close and personal with our hands-on treasure chests, filled with exquisite touch objects inspired by the Painted Hall. Visit the Nelson Room or join one of the drop-in-talks about the Painted Hall available throughout the day.
Tickets also include access to the new Sackler Gallery, where you can discover how Thornhill created the Painted Hall and meet the many characters, including gods and heroes, shown on the ceiling.
- Explore the famous Painted Hall, known as the UK’s own Sistine Chapel
- Enjoy accessible exhibits exploring the Painted Hall’s creation
- Get up close and personal with hands-on treasure chests filled with touch objects
- Visit the Nelson Room or join one of the drop-in-talks about the Painted Hall
- Discover more about the Painted Hall’s history with audio commentary
ScheduleEntry Available: 10am – 5pm Daily
Entry to Grounds Available: 8am – 11pm Daily
Location: The Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College, King William Walk, London, SE10 9NN