The Postal Museum and Mail Rail
Whats Included in the tour
- Admission to The Postal Museum exhibition galleries
- Ride on Mail Rail
- Sorted! The Postal Play Space is not included
- Annual ticket (available as an upgrade onsite)
- Downloadable Audio Guide
- Once booked, this tour cannot be cancelled
- Upgrade to an Annual Ticket on the day for ú2.00 per person. Provides unlimited entry to the exhibitions for a full year
- You must be able to walk 100m unaided to ride on Mail Rail.
- Please ensure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the end of the one hour Mail Rail timeslot shown on your ticket. Failure to arrive on time may result in being unable to ride Mail Rail.
- Audio Guide can be downloaded for the price of ú2.99 - Available in German, French, Italian, Spanish and English. Please ask for more information at The Postal Museum.
DescriptionThere's nothing ordinary about the story of the post. From five-wheeled cycles and rockets to a lioness and flintlock pistols, the award-winning Postal Museum offers a surprising and entertaining half day out for all ages.
See a restored Post Coach that thundered across 1800s Britain, get up close to the only existing sheets of the world's first postage stamp, the Penny Black, and explore Post Rail - one of London's hidden gems - with a 15-minute ride through the underground tunnels of the Post Office's own 100-year-old railway.
Forget what you think you know about the post and visit one of London's newest museums to discover just what it took to keep us all in touch.
- Take an underground train ride on the unique Post Rail
- See the world's only sheets of Penny Black stamps
- Sort the post on a mock-up train carriage with wobbly floor
- See a Victorian miniature rail car used by people and post!
- Discover iconic posters from a 1930s design revolution
ScheduleAvailability from 1st January 2020 to 30th June 2020
Monday - Friday:á10.00am - 5.00pm (last entry 3.30pm)
Saturday and Sunday:á10.00am - 5.00pm (last entry 3.30pm)
Venue location: The Postal Museum, 15-20 Phoenix Place, London, WC1X 0DA