The Slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit
- Last few tickets
- Limited availability
Additional InformationPlease Note:
- You must select a timed session for when you would like to take the slide. Please arrive at the Orbit between the times that you have selected and you will be allocated the next available time slot for the slide. Whilist you are waiting you will be able to enjoy the view from the top of the Orbit.
- Sliders must be at least 1.3m in height and weigh under 130kg (22 stone)
- Minimum age for the slide is 8 years of age.
- Sliders must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Loose clothing, large jewellery, bags, large belongings or inappropriate footwear is not allowed on the slide
- You are not allowed to slide if you have a heart condition, back or neck injuries, claustrophobia, vertigo, if you are pregnant or if you have any condition that prevents you from following all of the safety rules and guidelines.
- Admittance to the viewing platform at the ArcellorMittal Orbit
- Ticket to ride the slide
ArcelorMittal Orbit | 5 Thornton Road | Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park | Stratford | London | E20 2AD
Nearest Train and Underground Station: Stratford
DescriptionThe ArcelorMittal Orbit is the UK`s tallest sculpture, standing at 114.5 metres tall and providing a breathtaking view of London up to 20 miles into the distance including Canary Wharf, O2, The Gherkin, The Shard, The Walkie Talkie, St Paul’s Cathedral, Alexandra Palace and out to Wembley Stadium. After enjoying the amazing views you will have a trilling alternative to the stairs or to the lift:
The Slide. Measuring 178m, The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit is the world’s tallest and longest tunnel slide. Visitors/you will travel down the UK’s tallest public artwork through light and dark sections as London’s dramatic skyscape passes by. The Slide twists and turn 12 times, including a tight corkscrew section and ends with a 50 metre straight run to the ground. In the exhilarating 40-second trip, riders/you are expected to hit speeds of up to 15 miles per hour.
- Visit the ArcelorMittal Orbit to explore the UK’s tallest sculpture, and see London differently.
- The Slide is 178m long and 76m high, and will twist and turn 12 times, including a tight corkscrew section named the ‘bettfeder’ – after the German word for ‘bedspring’
- The Slide ends with a 50 metre straight run to the ground. In the exhilarating 40-second trip, riders are expected to hit speeds of up to 15 miles per hour
- The Slide is the world's tallest and longest tunnel slide
- The Slide is made from 800mm diameter, 3mm thick stainless steel tubes that make up 30 sections. People will be able to see out through polycarbonate 'windows' for some of the Slide
- Riders are expected to hit speeds of up to 15 miles per hour
ScheduleDay of Operation: Daily
- 12pm to 2pm
- 2pm to 3.30pm