Cutty Sark Dates and Times
Step aboard Cutty Sark and discover what life was like aboard the famous 19th century clipper ship! Built in 1869, Cutty Sark was one of the fastest tea clippers to be built and is now the last surviving in the world. Following an ambitious six year project, Cutty Sark reopened in April 2012 and you are invited to explore this historic attraction in London.Cutty Sark has been raised over three metres, allowing visitors the unique experience of walking underneath the helm! You will also be able to explore the interior of the sailing ship with innovative exhibits and interactive displays evoking the sights, smells and sounds of life at sea and telling Cutty Sark’s fascinating 144 year history. Learn about the romance, danger and adventure that came with life at sea! The ship’s original wooden planks and iron frames that crossed the world's seas have been conserved so that you can go ahead and touch a piece of history!
- Meet the crew every weekend and during the school holidays
- Venture beneath the towering masts which carry over 11 miles of rigging
- Walk underneath the ship and look up at the elegant lines of the ship’s streamlined hull
- Touch the original structure of the ship dating back from when she was built
- Explore the lower hold where precious cargo was stored
- Steer a course from Sydney to London against Captain Woodget
- Look up your family name in the crew list
- Take the helm at the captain’s wheel
- Meet the world’s largest collection of figureheads
- Have a cup of Cutty Sark-inspired tea under the hull of the ship in The Even Keen Café
- Take in the spectacular views over the River Thames from the main deck
Cutty Sark – the world’s sole-surviving tea clipper – was built in 1869 to bring the finest and freshest teas back to London. Now you too can savour Cutty Sark's rich history while enjoying a truly unique London afternoon tea experience. Leave behind the traditional hotels and bus tours: at Cutty Sark, you can dine beneath the ship itself!
Indulge in a special afternoon tea sitting directly beneath Cutty Sark's iconic copper-clad hull. Choose from a selection of teas, sandwiches and sweet treats as you marvel at the historic engineering of the fastest ship of its day. All table bookings include entry to the ship, so you can explore Cutty Sark at your leisure before or after your meal.